7.27.2011

New Teammie Love

I know I promised pictures...but things sure are slow going in my room. I mentioned that I was moving grade levels, but that's not all-- out of 24 classroom teachers, 12 are changing grade levels and 5 are new to our school. That's a grand total of 17 teachers trying to set up new rooms! With even seasoned veterans up at school since mid July, it's been a little chaotic.

One major roadblock is that all the big paper for making bulletin boards is used up. Well, not all, but of course all the colors that I need! (I'm sticking with blue, green, and yellow to keep it from becoming a rainbow explosion).

Since I decided to do my word wall on white paper and use colorful ribbon to separate the letters, I should get that finished today (if I can find the ribbon I want! My perfectionist/OCD tendencies really come to light when I make bulletin boards!).
Yes, I'm the crazy teacher who uses a ruler to make sure my borders are straight!
{google image}

BUT I will share one small project I'm working on-- my first Pinterest project!

As I said, our grade levels are changing a lot. So my second grade team is brand new!
Teammie C is the only one staying in 2nd. She was one of the teachers that opened our school 20 years ago (we're the newest elementary school in our district).
Teammie S and I were first year teachers together last year, but she taught first grade while I taught third. Now we're meeting in 2nd!
And finally Teammie J is a first year teacher this year. She's actually completing the same program I did last year, the Mizzou Teaching Fellowship Program.

I wanted to give them a little something on the first day of school to show how excited I am to work with them this year. Since I am low on funds (read: broke!) and any $ I do have is funneled towards my classroom, I wanted something affordable (read: cheap!) and easy to make (since again, I am not crafty).

I saw this on Pinterest:
Cute idea from A Place Called Joy

And this is my re-creation on Microsoft Publisher...I could not for the life of me get it to look right as an image. Even in the link, the word MINT looks white when in my actual creation it is mint green of course:)

I'm going to print these on 2"x 4" mailing labels and stick them on a mint tin. Coupled with a cute card, I hope they'll be a nice little treat for my team! I'll share the finished product later on.

Off to school--wish me luck on my word wall:)




2 comments: